Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Replacing Thermocouple For Lennox G803902



I have the Lennox G803-90-2 gas furnace. Recently I found that there is problem with the thermocouple and want to replace it myself. I don't have problem in removing the nut connecting the thermocouple to the gas control valve end. However, it seems that there is not enough space for my hand to access the nut on the pilot light end. What should I do in order to reach the nut which holds the thermocouple in the bracket right next to the pilot light.
Your advice will be appreciated.
KK

Usually there are a couple of screws that hold the pilot burner in place. Remove those and you can gently bend the pilot tubing to make the pilot burner accessible.

Hi SeattlePioneer,
Thanks for your reply.
The pilot light and the thermocouple are held onto a bracket which is fixed to one of the burners by a screw. Are you saying I can untighten that screw and bend the gas supply tube to the pilot light a bit so that I can reach the thermocouple nut? I'm not sure if we can bend the gas supply tube or not. It's a silver metallic tube and it looks like aluminium.
KK

99% of the time you can bend the pilot tubing out to get access to the pilot burner.
Of course, you might have the other 1%.
Tags: thermocouple, lennox, pilot light, pilot burner, access pilot, bend pilot, bend pilot tubing, bend supply, bend supply tube, pilot tubing, supply tube, that there